Thursday, April 30, 2009

Something to Inspire














These flowers are from some plants in our yard. They are so fresh and beautiful. New life - there's nothing more inspiring!

I'm not sure if that's the most accurate way to describe the way I feel, but it's pretty close. It's almost May, school will be out soon and I'll have three kids to contend with all day. There will be friends, swimming, crafts (if I get my butt in gear) and of course boredom. What kid's summer would be complete without it?

With these thoughts swirling in my head, I looked out the kitchen window and remembered how blessed I am. When Ken and I got married we briefly talked about living in his two bedroom townhouse. Once we got back from our honeymoon in Vegas and I'd moved in a weeks worth of clothes and toiletries -- that's when Ken said "Let's find something bigger!" And with that, we were on our way to our new home.

I remember standing in the kitchen the day we moved in. Almost everyone had settled into the backyard to swim and relax and I was talking to mom. I looked at her and said "Is this really my house?" I still feel that way some days...

Our home is so perfect for us! The boys share a room, Emma has her nursery right next to our master bedroom. The boys have their game room that keeps all the toys, kids' books and video games out from under our feet. The kitchen is great for cooking and visiting. And then there's the backyard...
This summer, like the last two, will be spent swimming and playing with friends and family. I'm sure we'll use the BBQ at least a few times. The pool will be filled with diving toys, floaties, some adventurous games of HORSE (feet sticking out of the water while their head's under water for the killer shot), and all the fun we could want. This is the pool where my daughter will learn how to swim. This is the place our family experiences fun, excitement and for me, serenity. This is HOME - the best place on earth. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am blessed and so grateful for it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment