Friday, May 8, 2009

Sweet Treats


Shallon's 4th grade class put on the neatest program yesterday for all their moms. All the kids dressed up in their best clothes and put on a program with skits, singing and even some dancing!


Shallon made me a hot pad (which he said was to replace the one he set on fire on Sunday night -oops!),a book about me, a book of poems and thoughts about me, and a book of coupons. He's such a sweet boy - I think the nicest coupon is for 20 uninterrupted naps - I just have to tell him before I lay down (his words).


The kids told us about the origination of Mother's Day and then each student brought their mom a carnation. Shallon gave me a purple one since that's my favorite color.


They put a ton of time into this program. A few weeks ago, Shallon's homework was three pages of questions for me, my likes and dislikes; stories from my childhood; what I would wish for...it was really fun to talk about that with my son and see him get so excited to learn about me.


Our treat after the program was a root beer float in a Coca-Cola glass (really fun) and all the kids served their mom's. Definitely a special time with my oldest child!

No comments:

Post a Comment