Saturday, May 9, 2009

If My Mother Were A....by Shallon

If my mother were a flower, she would be a snapdragon, because
She is fun to play with.
If my mother were a color, she would be a pink, because
She is bright and beautiful.
If my mother were a precious jewel, she would be a turquoise stone, because
Like turquoise, she is my favorite.
If my mother were a kind of food, she would be broccoli, because
She is so very healthy.
If my mother were a car, she would be a VW Beetle, because
She is so creative and fun.
If my mother were an animal, she would be a rainbow trout, because
She is an amazing swimmer.
If my mother were a candy, she would be a jaw breaker, because
Her fun lasts forever.
If my mother were a sport, she would be a volley ball, because
She can put happiness in any direction.
I’m just glad that my mother is a mother and she is mine!
My sweet son wrote this for me and I thought it was a special piece to share...

2 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet poem! And so creative! Shallon is such an amazing boy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing commentary on your mothering! Way to go Shallon and Erika!

    ReplyDelete