Sunday, January 31, 2010

NYC - Part III


Our last day in NYC was busy and fun! We started by taking the subway (all the locals call it the 'train'), had lunch at ESPN Zone, took a carriage ride through Central Park, went to the top of the Empire State Building, to Rockefeller Plaza and then, after much walking, decided we could leave the city and head to our hotel in New Jersey.

We both had a really great time in New York! I think one of the things I liked the best were the street vendors who sold the warm pretzels with mustard - yummy. I also loved the fact that since we were walking all over the universe, I could eat tons more than usual without the weight gain! It's the little things in life...

Ken had meetings Monday and Tuesday so I was just hanging out at the hotel. I'd told him that I planned on getting a pedicure one of those days since I knew my little peepers were gonna be sore. So Monday, I head to the mall for a little R&R. While my feet are soaking in the pedi water, I've got my phone sitting in between my legs in the chair so that if Ken calls I can quickly and easily grab the phone (I'm such a good wife that I don't want to miss a call from him). I'm sitting there, enjoying the warm water and the chair massage when my phone slips off the seat and into the water!
Ooopsies...the phone was fried! I thought about just going without a phone, since it was pretty lame the way it died, but then I realized that I had the rental car and Ken would have no way to get in contact with me, plus, all my babies were on the other side of the country from me. So, I had the opportunity to find a Verizon store to replace my phone with the least expensive one I could find (and still live with). The moral of the story - DON'T keep your cell phone in your lap while getting a pedicure with the chair massager going. It could turn out pretty bad!


I'm leaving you with the last picture we took in the Big Apple. We walked back to our hotel to pick up the car and this is standing on the street corner looking at the "R" for Renaissance as is lights up.
Now, I'm not sure how many more times we'll be in New York City, but if it never happens again, I know I had enough fun in NYC for my lifetime. (I'd like to be clear that I'm only saying New York - there's a lot more fun to be had in this world with that man!) Thank you honey, I love you!



12 comments:

  1. *************************************************
    An inspirational story of vulnerability and overcoming adversity
    thanks for having the courage to share

    Mentoring Life Coach
    Sober Blog
    Live Alcohol Free Challenge
    Twelve Step Books

    All the best
    for the future
    Bren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
    Thank you and good luck
    cash for cars melbourne
    scrap car buyer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but aftr I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
    cash for scrap cars beenleigh
    cash for unwanted cars beenleigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you sell your old scrap car to Cash For Cars Brisbane, we come to your location to remove the vehicle at no cost. All removal fees are waived, and before we load the vehicle, you have cash in your pocket. We are the car removal company that buys any make and condition of a car- Ford, Holden, Isuzu, Nissan, Toyota, Honda, or something else. Our top-of-a-line car wrecking facility allows us to recycle scrap metal in an eco-friendly way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For over a decade, we have been delivering unparalleled service and benefits to meet the cash for care needs of the people in Canberra. We ensure that our customers come first every time and thrive on their satisfaction.
    Cash For Nissan Canberra

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are an admirable writer because of your attention to detail! It is amazing what you have accomplished. Congratulations are in order for you. We distinguish ourselves from other companies by paying attention to details. Your achievement is to be congratulated. For instance, Cash for Cars Melbourne offers instant cash transfers, free car assessments, and instant cash transfers without faxing or scanning anything. Customers will be able to transfer money easily, quickly, and for free by using the company's money transfer service.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In order to earn the interest of their readers, authors need to captivate their reader with their writing or interest. His straightforward approach engages his readers despite his straightforward language. Cash for Cars Brisbane offers a high return rate as one of the top cash-for-car companies in Brisbane, making it a great option for cash for cars buyers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Readers are kept interested by good writers. Metal Biz Recyclers are well known to most people. Cash for cars and vans is another service we offer. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. Our company is great because of our friendly, knowledgeable employees. The Cash For Cars Brisbane service and product are another important service and product offered by Metalbiz.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those looking for more information can find it here, so you've come to the right place. We offer quick vehicle removal services online through Fast Car Removals. A blog article about the time-saving services offered by the website "Cash for Cars Sunshine Coast" would be ideal.

    ReplyDelete