Friday, January 29, 2010

NYC - Part II


We did get enough sleep and made our way to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. It was such a neat experience to have with my husband!




After checking out the Statue (and climbing like 200 stairs) we made our way back to the mainland and into the city. Now let me just say, there's a reason that all the travel sites you'll find say NOT to rent a car if you're going to New York. It's CRAZY! Ken did a great job!!! It's so packed and confusing and I think we drove past our hotel a couple of times before we finally found it. We stayed at the Renaissance Hotel right on Times Square. It was a beautiful room and the all the staff were absolutely amazing!!!

We had a wonderful dinner AJ Maxwell's, before heading to see Wicked at the Gershwin Theatre on Broadway. We were so close to everything that we just planned to walk everywhere. We walked to dinner, passing the restaurant and doubling back to find it. It was raining a bit, but not too bad. Well, since we were seeing a play on Broadway, I made sure I had a cute outfit to wear, including some awesome shoes. The thing about the shoes, the weren't made for walkin'! Especially that far after I'd climbed to the top of the Statue of Liberty and walked all over Times Square! When we got to dinner, we asked about getting a cab to take us to the show. The maitre d' informed us we wouldn't be able to get a cab since there was a World Series game happening in the Bronx. He did call and get us a limo though. That turned out to be the best decision - it was pouring rain on our way to the theater and the driver was wonder and walked each of us to the theater with his umbrella. GREAT! I LOVED the play so much! It was done so well, with such a cute story line...really fun! After the show we walked back to the hotel, it had stopped raining by then, and I had Ken take a picture of my great shoes before I took them off for the night...

1 comment:

  1. You finally updated your blog. So you guys went to the Big Apple, and you saw Wicked, awesome. I LOVE that play, it's the best. I have seen it twice. I'm happy to see that you haven't given up on your blog. I'm always so busy, and don't get to talk to you Koernig girls much. Checking your blog is the only way i know you are doing o.k, so keep it current.
    Sorry I did talk to you at the party but it was good to see you.
    Always, Marian

    ReplyDelete