Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Father's Day


This year for Father's Day I was really racking my brain about what to get Ken. He's got most things he wants or needs and if he doesn't he'll usually get it himself. He's just very efficient. Also, as much as I love to buy him clothes, he doesn't really need anything new now and I'm not at a place where I even want to think about clothes shopping!

So as I contemplated all the different options I remembered the kids paint-time card in my wallet for As You Wish (a paint-it-yourself pottery place). I called and found out that there was still time to go in and work our magic and pick it up before Sunday!

We set out the next afternoon, after Emma's nap, and picked out the plate. Then everyone got some paint and we sat down to work. I thought I knew how to do hand prints, but I don't know if I've ever done hand prints with an almost 8 month old baby. It didn't work so well...thankfully, the sweet people that work at the store are more than happy to lend assistance! The gal came over and wiped off the bad prints and then helped us get all the kids hand prints on completely (when Shallon first put his on we were missing the bottom 2/3 of his palm). On the rim of the plate we wrote "Our Dad's The Best Hands Down!!!" The boys thought that Ken would particularly like this because it's cheesy.
We love our dad so much and we are forever grateful that he chose to be the dad in our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment